Congratulations to the Northampton Town Community Trust’s Damon Fox who has completed his challenge to run 750 kms across 12 weeks in support of children in poverty in Northampton and to raise funds for the Community Trust’s Education Programmes.
Damon began the fundraising project on Monday 13th March which took him through until Sunday June 4th. As part of completing his target distance for the project he completed daily 5kms runs locally as well as running at his local Park Run – Northampton Racecourse. He was also being joined by some colleagues from local businesses and education.
The funds raised will go towards the Education Department here at the Northampton Town Community Trust to be in the following areas for the 2023/24 Academy year:
• Offset the costs for schools who currently access the Primary Stars Programme (that will be used towards their Mentor where they are working with children who are in poverty)
• To pay for Educational Takeover Days within in school in a demographic of high deprivation
• To fund programmes such as Team Talk (looking at targeted children for Mental Wellbeing)
• Subsidising places on our holiday soccer schools programme & transport (for those who cannot access this due to their circumstances)
• Funding equipment or kit for children to use at school or in grassroots opportunities.
The Northampton Town Community Trust currently works with 33 schools on their Primary Stars & Secondary School Mentoring Programme as well as 39 more who are engaged on the PASS Programme. NTFC Community Trust have been working with local schools for the past 22 years but in recent years their work has been more tailored to those children who are most vulnerable.
There is still time to support the ‘Covering the Distance’ challenge - please visit
For more details please email firstname.lastname@example.org