Northampton Town Football Club is looking to recruit a full time Player Care Lead to work within the Academy set up.
To help fulfil the club’s duty of care with regard to its players and to ensure players are better educated, equipped, and prepared for life both inside and outside of football. The role forms part of the Academy Management Team and is responsible to the Academy Manager and Academy Operations Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Design and deliver a programme to develop players life skills and knowledge in the Foundation and Youth Development phase through the introduction of a full life skills programme (according to EFL rules and club requirements) and individual one to one support.
• Design and deliver workshops for Academy parents linked to the life skills programme delivered to the schoolboys
• Design and deliver relevant CPD sessions to Academy staff
• Source, recruit and manage guest speakers and welfare programmes outside of the LFE delivery offer. Manage the impact of the providers and feed into the life skills strategy.
• Support with the full-time personal development and life skills programme delivered to the U18’s
• Help players prepare for effective transitions throughout their academy journey. This will include inductions as well as exit plans, introduce Personal Development Plans and hold regular one to one discussions with players around these plans.
• Promote the Mental and Emotional Wellbeing Strategy and Action Plan. Ensure staff and players receive training as per PL rules.
• Work with players on a one-to-one basis and ensure they are aware of internal and external expert support.
• Oversee the delivery of psychology support for all players
• Establish and maintain a formal mechanism for player and parent voice. The collected information will be used to drive continued improvement within the academy programme.
• Manage the complaints policy and procedures for players and parents.
• Represent Player Care as part of the club’s Multi-Disciplinary Team. This will involve building internal relationships with key departments such as Safeguarding, Education, Medical, etc.
• Manage the Player Care and Safeguarding working groups, to meet regularly around any issues that have arisen for the players.
• Build and manage external relationships with bodies such as the EFL, PFA, FA, KIO, Stonewall, etc.
• Manage the transport requirements for all full-time players.
• Support with transport requirements for Academy fixtures where required
• Actively recruit suitable host families in the local region and manage the relationships between player, club and host families.
• Ensure records are kept up to date on PMA and all other elements of the Audit in relation to Player Care are in place.
• Be involved in the loan strategy for all U18’s and young professionals, to provide support when going on loan at other clubs
• Support with Academy match day co-ordination as and when required
• Attend trips and tours when agreed
• Matchday DSO – home first team matches
• Ball Crew Co-ordinator – home first team matches