The Northampton Town Academy are seeking to recruit a Lead Sports Scientist.
The successful candidate will assist the Head Academy Physio in the planning, support and delivery of physical provision for all academy players.
• To work alongside the Academy Physiotherapist to plan, deliver and support the physical provision for all Academy players
• To manage part time sports science staff
• To lead on the U18s programme, having autonomy for all U18s related activity
• To lead the Sports Science department in line with the club policy and EPPP guidelines
• Contribute to the development of the Sports Science and Medical department
• Work in collaboration with the medical department for the treatment and rehabilitation of Academy players daily (U9-U18)
• To undertake regular CPD and training relevant for the role to progress the Sports Science department
• Regulation and management of the PMA for individual injuries and performance clock during rehabilitation
• Contribute to ongoing staff and player education
• Provide a holistic approach when working with individuals’ teams on physical development and performance
• Be part of a multi-disciplinary team that works collaboratively to support the development of young people
• To assist the first team sports science department when required
• Comply with all aspects of the Club’s “Code of Conduct”.
• Adhere to Health & Safety Regulations
• The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to the Club values and policies and procedures, in particular Health & Safety, Equality and Diversity, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act.
To also be responsible to:
• The Head Academy Physiotherapist on all major decisions
• The Academy Manager on matters affecting Academy players
• The Academy Coaches in relation to players sport science provision
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive; the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the club.
To have a minimum of BSc (Hons) in Sports Science or Strength and Conditioning, with clear evidence of further experience and learning specifically in the elite sports environment
• Holds/or willing to acquire an FA Safeguarding Qualification
• Have excellent communication skills
• The ability to work on own initiative as well as being able to work as part of a team
• Have a flexible approach to work
• Be able to communicate to the highest level
• A commitment to continuing professional development
• Due to this post being in regulated activity, the potential employee will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check at the appropriate level.
Additional requirements that would be ideal but not a requirement for shortlisting.
• Hold a full driving licence
• D1 minibus licence
• To undertake required training, including mandatory Club Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety training.
• To ensure that the Club’s Safe-guarding and Vulnerable Adults policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
Northampton Town Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to provide equality and fairness for all employees. Northampton Town promote inclusion and confront and eliminate discrimination whether by reason of age, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status or civil partnership, nationality, ethnicity (race), religion or belief, ability or disability, pregnancy and maternity and encourage equal opportunities.
• To apply for the Academy Lead Sports Scientist role please email email@example.com Academy Operations Manager with a covering letter and completed application form.
• Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
• Closing Date: Friday 28 October 2022