Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News


A look at the weekend action for our players out on loan

20 March 2022

Eight of the players out on loan from Northampton Town made appearances on Saturday afternoon.

Nicke Kabamba played 90 minutes for Woking in their 2-0 win away to Barnet in a mid-table Vanarama National League clash. The striker almost added a third when he shot over from the edge of the area in added time. The win means the Cards leapfrog their opponents in the table.

Scott Pollock was substituted on in the 14th minute as Boston United lost 2-1 at home to top-of-the-table Gateshead in the National League North. The Pilgrims fell behind early on and equalised from the penalty spot shortly after the midfielder’s introduction, but their opponents scored a winner five minutes into the second half. The defeat ends their four-game unbeaten run in the league.

Max Dyche returned from suspension and played 90 minutes in Brackley Town’s 1-0 win at home to Kidderminster Harriers in the same division. The Saints remain three points behind Gateshead with a game in hand on the league leaders, whilst their opponents drop to fourth place and are winless in four. Ryan Nolan continues to wait for his second Harriers appearance.

Josh Flanagan and Liam Cross started for St Ives Town as they won 3-2 at home to relegation battle rivals Nuneaton Borough in an end-to-end Pitching In Southern League Premier Central encounter. Cross came close to getting on the scoresheet early in the second half with a shot across goal that nearly crept in at the far post.

Charlie Woods made multiple saves to keep Quorn in the game, but his side ultimately lost 2-1 away to local rivals Melton Town in a meeting between two mid-table uhlsport United Counties Football League Premier Division North teams. The goalkeeper tipped an effort on to the woodwork before half-time and made a great stop after the break.

Finally, Courtney Lashley played 75 minutes and Jack Connor made his debut off the bench for Desborough Town. Mid-table Ar Tarn surrendered a two-goal lead as they drew 2-2 away to relegation-threatened Biggleswade United in the United Counties Football League Premier Division South.

Advertisement block