Northampton Town Football Club are looking to recruit a safety officer.
Job Title: Safety Officer
Location: Sixfields Stadium, Northampton Town FC
Reporting to: Facilities Manager
The Safety Officer is a key member of the team. Responsible for the safety of everyone attending matches at Sixfields Stadium in accordance with the Safety Certificate terms and conditions, Operations Manual and the Club’s Policies.
The Safety Officer has the Board's authority to take any action deemed necessary to ensure the safety of spectators inside Sixfields Stadium.
• Assume responsibility on behalf of the club and directors for the provisions of the Safety Certificate and the club’s policies in relation to spectator safety.
• Ensure all conditions of the general Safety Certificate are fully complied with.
• Continually review and keep up to date the Matchday Operations Manual, in line with the Safety Certificate, all relevant legislation and guidance.
• Assume responsibility and control for spectator safety and security plans accordingly in advance of each matchday working closely with the Facilities Manager.
• Be aware of the requirements of all Sports Grounds legislation, the Green Guide and other advisory documents, the Safety Certificate, the licence issued by the Sports Ground Safety Authority and ensure compliance.
• Regularly review the emergency action plan and liaise with the local authorities on the planning for emergency situations.
• Plan matchday stewarding and safety measures at the stadium and make appropriate recommendations to the Facilities Manager and Chief Executive for consideration.
• Plan and monitor specific stewarding levels on a match day to ensure effective and allocation of staff commensurate with the General Safety Certificate.
• Complete risk assessments in line with the Matchday Operations Manual.
• Assume responsibility for the provision of training and assessment for all stewards employed at the Club.
• Ensure that any aspects of the stewarding operation reflect the club’s policies in relation to customer service and the equality and diversity policy.
• Work closely with the club’s appointed agency in relation to the requirements for appropriately qualified staff from the agency.
• Evaluate the performance of all Stewards, Stand Managers and Supervisors and initiate any action or training that may be required.
• Act as a representative of the club in regular consultation with the Safety Advisory Group including the Sports Ground Safety Authority on matters associated with the safety and security of spectators.
• Maintain strong relationships and regular dialogue with Northamptonshire Police to plan Police presence at matches as required.
• During policed matches liaise closely with the Police Match Commander.
• Co-ordinate, monitor and advise upon all safety matters affecting the stadium.
• Liaise with the Facilities Manager and Ticket Office Manager in the build up to matches in relation to ticket sales and any other matter as required.
• Ensure that all stewards, stand managers, supervisors and the Deputy Safety Officer are fully briefed on their duties and what is expected of them during each matchday including all aspects of the matchday operation and including emergency evacuation.
• Ensure that the provisions of the alcohol licence and licensing laws are always complied with within the stadium.
• After each match complete a debrief and submit via a report to the Facilities Manager and Chief Executive Officer any problems that have occurred during the event.
Prior experience and qualifications:
The post holder should be an experienced and knowledgeable person in safety and security and controlling crowds in football stadia. They will be expected to attend conferences/meetings run by the FA Premier League/EFL and
The post holder should hold a Level Four NVQ qualification in Spectator Safety, be working towards such a qualification or may be qualified by experience (subject to agreement by the Directors and Safety Advisory Group).
Northampton Town Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and staff will be regarded equally and will be given equal opportunities irrespective of sex, age, race, religion or belief, marriage or civil partnership, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic or national origin.
Northampton Town Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people involved in activities and event at the Company. As part of the Company’s recruitment and selection process any offers of work involving working in regulated activity with children are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS Disclosure and barred list check (depending on the level of supervision, frequency, and nature of contact with children).
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is July 6th 2022.