Saturday's game against Mansfield Town is the club's annual Community Day, where we shine a light on some of the club's work in the local community. In the build up to the game, we will be putting some of that work in the spotlight.
Working with primary and secondary schools across Northamptonshire, we provide a range of curriculum and non-curriculum classes and clubs to support children’s learning and
wellbeing both inside and outside of the classroom.
Our key aims are to:
• Improve pupil attainment, attendance and behaviour
• Enhance pupils understanding of a healthy lifestyle
• Raise aspirations and increase pupil confidence, self esteem & emotional wellbeing
• Support teachers to increase their confidence in delivering PE
• Develop physical literacy levels ensuring they have the necessary skills to play any sport (not just football!)
Why not hold a Cobblers takeover day at your school? Education Sport Mentors from Northampton Town FC’s Community Trust will visit your school to deliver practical coaching sessions (not just football!) and/or classroombased activities. Currently we offer Girls Takeover Days, Walter Tull Workshops and content around World Book Day.
For more details, please head to ntfccommunity.co.uk/education-schools