The Northampton Town Academy are looking to recruit a physiotherapist and sports therapist.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of therapy and first aid services to the NTFC Academy on a casual basis.
• Main duties lie with providing therapy services during evening training and weekends within the Academy for U9-U16 players.
• Support with Medical screenings and physical testing of players.
• To ensure appropriate assessment and diagnosis of injuries sustained by U9-U16 players within the Academy
• To ensure appropriate therapeutic interventions to players with injuries and ensure that prevention of injury strategies are implemented within the Academy
• To ensure that appropriate and comprehensive medical notes are completed
• To attend games and provide immediate attention to any injuries sustained
• Comply with all aspects of the Club’s “Code of Conduct”.
• To ensure all CPD requirements are met in accordance with role and ongoing personal development
• Adhere to Health & Safety Regulations
• The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to the Club values and policies and procedures, in particular Health & Safety, Equality and Diversity, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act.
To also be responsible to:
• The Head Academy Physiotherapist on all major decisions
• The Academy Manager on medical matters affecting Academy players
• The Academy Coaches in relation to players, their injury status and prevention of injury strategies
• Head Academy Physiotherapist with regard to injuries, diagnosis and treatment
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.
• BSc Hons Physiotherapy or BSc Sports Rehabilitation or BSc Sports Therapy
• Hold a current FA Intermediate Trauma Medical Management Qualification (ITMMiF)
• Holds/or willing to acquire an FA Safeguarding Qualification
• Have excellent communication skills
• The ability to work on own initiative as well as being able to work as part of a team
• Have a flexible approach to work
• Be able to communicate to the highest level
• A commitment to continuing professional development
Additional requirements that would be ideal but not a requirement for shortlisting. For example:
• Therapist experience within a football environment
• Hold a full driving licence
• To undertake required training, including mandatory Club Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety training.
• To ensure that the Club’s Safe-guarding and Vulnerable Adults policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
Northampton Town Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to provide equality and fairness for all employees. Northampton Town promote inclusion and confront and eliminate discrimination whether by reason of age, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status or civil partnership, nationality, ethnicity (race), religion or belief, ability or disability, pregnancy and maternity and encourage equal opportunities.
• To apply for the Casual Academy Sports Therapist role please email email@example.com Head of Sports Science & Medicine with a covering letter and a CV.
• Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
• Closing Date: 31 March 2021
• Interviews: Will be arranged upon receipt of applications