The next block of Fitter Cobblers starts on Thursday January 23rd, from 7.30pm to 9.30pm at the PTS Academy Stadium.
This is a 12 week, free programme based around lifestyle and behaviour change to promote weight loss and weight management. Participants will engage in one hour of classroom based workshop activity then later will do an hour of physical activity.
The programme, targeting men with a BMI over 26.5 or a waist size of 38 inches or larger supports participants to make subtle changes to their lifestyle that have made a huge impact on their health.
The content covered in the programme includes diet and nutrition information and help, learning and understanding food labelling, sleeping tips, stress management help and how to build physical activity into their daily routines.
The results have been extremely positive with 100% of the participants completing the first programme losing weight and a total of 62.2kg lost in total between the group.
One of the participants lost a huge 8.9kg over the 12 weeks which equated to a loss of over 5% of his body weight.
A total of 6 participants lost 5% or more of their starting bodyweight by the end of the programme which significantly reduces several health risks.
For more information on Fitter Cobblers and other courses that we offer, please contact our Sports Participation Officer, Akshay Mistry by email at firstname.lastname@example.org#
From the two blocks that we ran in 2019 we made a significant impact to a number of people’s lives;
• Total amount of participants engaged – 34
• Total amount participants completed- 23
• Youngest Participant- 26 years
• Oldest Participant- 64 years
• Number of Participants with an ending BMI under 35- 18
• Number of participants with an ending BMI under 30- 5
• Total group weight loss of 99.9kg – equivalent of a Giant Panda
• Max single participant weight loss- 12kg
• Number of participants losing more than 5kg- 8
• Number of participants losing 2-5kg- 9
• Number of participants who lost 3% of bodyweight- 11
• Number of participants who lost 5 % of their bodyweight- 8
• Number of participants who lost 10% of their bodyweight -1
“Before the programme I would not have hesitated to order takeaway food a few times per week, and I would not worry about not prioritising some form of exercise at least 2-3 times per week. However now I play football twice per week, I make a conscious effort to go to the gym 2-3 times per week and I have started cooking at home reducing takeaways to 2 times per month. I find it more motivating and rewarding to train together in a group vs by myself in a gym on a treadmill, as I don’t enjoy running outdoors. The main value this course brought me was learning about food intake, primarily my food portion size at meals vs the recommended intake. The approach to nutrition and food really adds value to this programme, to ensure we learnt not only how to train, but also what to eat to ensure we maintain weight loss and a healthy diet.”- Amar Dave