An exciting new opportunity has arisen at Northampton Town Football Club for an experienced coach to become the club’s Head of Academy Coaching. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who will form an integral part of our coaching team and will report to the Academy Manager.
Key duties include:
• Through the development of the Coaching Competency Framework, establish a sustainable system to coach development within the Academy that enables coaches to improve and perform to the best of their ability in line with the playing and coaching philosophy of the football club.
• To continue the development of the academy coaching programme through the planning and management of a player-centred curriculum planned in conjunction with the Academy Manager and Lead Phase Coaches.
• To co-ordinate an internal CPD programme and to manage the external CPD requirements of the academy coaching staff.
• To be responsible for the establishing of Individual development action plans for all academy coaches.
Key Skills and Experience Required: ESSENTIAL
• To hold an FA Level 4 Qualification
• Hold a full clean driving licence
• Have a thorough understanding of Safeguarding and have an up to date FA Safeguarding Certificate
• An FA Enhanced CRC dated within 3 years
• Emergency First Aid in Football (EFAIF)
• Experience of working with children and young adults
• Experience of coaching and leading sessions
• Experience of providing effective feedback
• To be an excellent role model for participants, enthusing and motivating them in a confident manner
• FA Coaching Licence
• Experience of managing people and leading a team
Key Skills and Experience Required: DESIRABLE
• To hold both the FA Advanced Youth Award and the UEFA A Coaching Licence
• FA Youth Award Module 1
• FA Youth Award Module 2
• FA Youth Award Module 3
• FA Youth Award – Assessed
• Recognised teaching qualification
• Experience of working in a tutor role within an elite sports environment
• An understanding of learning in both coaches and young people
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a DBS check in accordance with the club’s Child Protection procedures. In order to apply for the role please email email@example.com with a completed application form and a CV.
Northampton Town promote inclusion and confront and eliminate discrimination whether by reason of age, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status or civil partnership, nationality, ethnicity (race), religion or belief, ability or disability, pregnancy and maternity and encourage equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
The EFL has introduced positive action measures aimed at tackling the under-representation of coaches and managers from Black, Asian and Minority Ethic (BAME) backgrounds. New regulations require clubs to shortlist at least one suitably qualified BAME candidate (where an application has been received) for all roles in Academy football that require a UEFA A or UEFA B Licence.
If you consider your ethnicity to fall within one of the following definitions – Black, Asian or other Minority Ethnic (i.e. from any other ethnic group that is not ‘White British’) - please inform us within your application.
Closing Date: Tuesday 27th May 2019
Interviews: Week commencing 3rd June 2019