The Northampton Town Community Trust have now been recognised as a Disability Confident Commitment Employer – achieving part one of a three part process in becoming a full Disability Confident Employer.
The scheme is run by the Department of Work and Pensions and was developed by employers’ and disabled people’s representatives.
Disability Confident is creating a movement of change, encouraging employers to think differently about disability and take action to improve how they recruit, retain and develop disabled people.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer the Northampton Town Community Trust have committed to:
• ensure their recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
• communicating and promoting vacancies
• offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job
• anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
• supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
• at least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people
Phillip Smith, Chief Executive, of the Northampton Town Community Trust said: “We are delighted to be recognised as a Disability Confident member, and are committed to being an inclusive employer and upholding the values of the scheme.”