The Northampton Town Academy are looking for an enthusiastic individual who will form an integral part of our coaching team by taking on the role as Foundation Phase Assistant Coach.
Key duties include:
• Delivery of development sessions in line with the club's philosophy and coaching programme to players within the Foundation Phase.
• Assisting Head Coach to ensure all session planning and match reporting documents are completed.
• Monitoring and evaluating player performance and assisting in the completion of review documents.
• Taking on Head Coaches responsibilities in their absence.
• Hours – Tuesday and Thursday Evenings, as well as Sunday Mornings.
• UEFA B or currently completing UEFA B Licence
• Minimum 2 years coaching experience
• Full UK Driving Licence
• Computer literate
• The FA Youth Award
• FA Basic First Aid for Sport
• Experience working within an Academy
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a DBS check in accordance with the club’s Child Protection procedures. In order to apply for the role please email email@example.com with a completed application attached to this advert and a CV.
Northampton Town promote inclusion and confront and eliminate discrimination whether by reason of age, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status or civil partnership, nationality, ethnicity (race), religion or belief, ability or disability, pregnancy and maternity and encourage equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
The EFL has introduced positive action measures aimed at tackling the under-representation of coaches and managers from Black, Asian and Minority Ethic (BAME) backgrounds. New regulations require clubs to shortlist at least one suitably qualified BAME candidate (where an application has been received) for all roles in Academy football that require a UEFA A or UEFA B Licence.
If you consider your ethnicity to fall within one of the following definitions – Black, Asian or other Minority Ethnic (i.e. from any other ethnic group that is not ‘White British’) - please inform us within your application.
Closing Date: 31st October 2018
Interviews: Week commencing 5th November 2018
DOWNLOAD: Application form