The Northampton Town Academy are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced individual who will form an integral part of our coaching team by taking on the role as a professional development phase assistant coach.
Key Duties include:
• Support the Lead PDP Coach with the planning and delivery of development sessions in line with the club's philosophy and coaching programme to players within the Professional Development Phase.
• Support the Lead PDP Coach with the planning and delivery of game days for players within the Professional Development Phase.
• Ensure all session planning and match reporting documents are completed.
• Monitoring and evaluating player performance and ensuring the completion of review documents.
• Hours – Tuesday and Thursday morning’s plus Saturday fixtures (10-12 hrs/week).
• UEFA A Licence
• Minimum 2 years coaching experience
• Full UK Driving Licence
• Computer literate
• The FA Advanced Youth Award
• Emergency First Aid in Football
• Experience working within an Academy
• Minibus driving Licence
The successful candidates will be required to undergo a DBS check in accordance with the club’s Child Protection procedures. In order to apply for the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a completed application form which can be downloaded from this link. Please do not apply unless you hold the relevant qualifications as unfortunately your application will not be considered.
Northampton Town promote inclusion and confront and eliminate discrimination whether by reason of age, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status or civil partnership, nationality, ethnicity (race), religion or belief, ability or disability, pregnancy and maternity and encourage equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
The EFL has introduced positive action measures aimed at tackling the under-representation of coaches and managers from Black, Asian and Minority Ethic (BAME) backgrounds. New regulations require clubs to shortlist at least one suitably qualified BAME candidate (where an application has been received) for all roles in Academy football that require a UEFA A or UEFA B Licence.
If you consider your ethnicity to fall within one of the following definitions – Black, Asian or other Minority Ethnic (i.e. from any other ethnic group that is not ‘White British’) - please inform us within your application.
Closing Date: 15th July 2018
Interviews: W/C 23rd July 2018