We are recruiting for a Supporter Relations Team
Northampton Town Football Club are in the process of recruiting a Supporter Relations Team whose role will be to increase attendances at games, and sell other club products, by making outbound telephone calls. The position will be based at Sixfields Stadium in Northampton and report to the club’s Group Sales Executive.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include performing outbound calls to sell Season Tickets, Memberships, Match Tickets, Group Tickets, Hospitality and other products available for Northampton Town FC.
1. Meet or exceed weekly and monthly sales goals.
2. Act as an ambassador for the football club, to engage with supporters and help to establish a relationship between them and the club.
3. Follow up on offers that have encouraged new fans to games, to convert them into regular fans.
4. Up-sell to current fans, encouraging them to buy more tickets, commit to memberships or season tickets, and to bring their friends and family to games.
5. Maintain the club’s database and capture new data such as email addresses and dates of birth through phone conversations.
6. Additional responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Would ideally have experience in sales or direct marketing, preferably by phone.
Would ideally be computer literate, with experience of working with a computerised database system.
A good command of the English language is essential, along with excellent communication and listening skills.
The ideal candidate would also have good objection handling skills.
Full training will be provided, though staff will be required to work using their own initiative thereafter.
An outgoing, chatty, friendly and bubbly personality.
An interest in football, sport and/or Northampton Town F.C.
The job would ideally suit someone such as a back-to-work parent, or with a (non-telesales) role with a different employer to make up their hours.
£7 an hour (includes holiday pay).
A minimum of 8 hours a week will be offered, in 4-hour shifts, with the view to go to 5 days a week. These are likely to change dependent on the time of year and other events happening on the day, but will typically include at least two evening shifts a week from 4pm-8pm.
There will be an initial 3 month trial period, after which the success of the employee shall be reviewed.
Email email@example.com with a CV and covering email to apply.
Please call Joss Sheldon on 01604 683 704 to discuss the position further.