VACANCIES AT NORTHAMPTON TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB
Head of Academy Sports Science & Medicine
Job Title: Head of Academy Sports Science & Medicine
Location: Moulton College/PTS Academy Stadium
Reporting to: Academy Manager
Hours of work: Full time
Closing Date: 17 January 2020
Northampton Town FC are seeking a Head of Academy Sports Science & Medicine who will be reponsibile for the provisions of Sports Sicence and Medicine for all Academy players from U9-U18’s.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
• To lead the delivery of the Sports Science & Medicine Programme for all academy age groups from U9-U18.
• To Lead Full Time Sports Scientist as required.
• To ensure that appropriate and comprehensive medical notes are completed
• To ensure that coaching staff are made aware of all injuries sustained by players and the progress of such players at appropriate stages.
• To contribute towards the achievement of department KPI’s
• Responsible for ensuring the medical department is meeting EFL rules and mandatory requirements.
• To liaise on a regular basis with the first team medical staff to link academy players into the first team environment. To support the first team medical staff if needed and to support and manage the transition with the first and second-year professionals.
To also be responsible to:
• The Academy Manager on medical matters affecting Academy players
• The Academy Coaches in relation to players, their injury status and prevention of injury strategies
• BSc (Hons) Degree in Physiotherapy
• HCPC Registered Physiotherapist
• FA Intermediate Trauma Medical Management in Football (ITMMIF) (Level 4) qualification
• Previous experience in a similar role within an elite pediatric sporting environment
• Be able to communicate to the highest level
• Have a flexible approach to work
• Demonstrates honesty, integrity, reliability and the ability to ensure confidentiality at all time
• Friendly, well organized with the ability to multi-task and perform well under pressure
• Possess strong time management skills and have a flexible approach to work
• A commitment to continuing professional development
• Completed FA Safeguarding Children Workshop
• Experience of using PMA system
• Knowledge of EPPP in relation to a Category 3 academy
• Additional requirements that would be ideal but not a requirement for shortlisting. For example:
• Therapist experience within a football environment
• Hold a full driving license
Northampton Town FC is committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check and the receipt of satisfactory references are a requirement of the role.
This post requires Enhanced Criminal Records Checks and checks against the Barred Lists and is exempt from Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Therefore, all convictions including spent convictions that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS should be declared.
Northampton Town FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. We support the EFL’s BAME project.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
• To apply for the Head of Academy Sports Science & Medicine role please email email@example.com Academy Operations Manager, with a covering letter and a CV.
• Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
• Closing Date: 17 January 2020
• Interviews: Will be arranged upon receipt of applications
Role: Assistant Academy Video Analyst (Volunteer)
Reports to: Head of Academy Analysis
Working hours: Sunday (09:30-14:00), one weekday tbc. dependent on applicant (Mon/Tues)
Northampton Town Football Club Academy are looking to recruit volunteer video analysts to assist the academy performance analysis department with the filming of academy fixtures to help deliver high-quality analysis to all academy age groups.
• Filming and distribution of academy FP and YDP match footage to coaches and players
• Working closely with academy staff to facilitate the support the delivery of analysis within the academy
• Communicate with staff, players, parents and external parties when required
• Use analysis software to clip and produce reports for coaches and players as part of the coaching process
• Assist with any additional duties if/when required
• Previous experience using cameras/filming equipment
• Demonstrate a good technical and tactical knowledge of football
• Show good levels of IT literacy
• Good inter-personal skills that aid effective delivery of analysis feedback and build strong connections with
our players, staff and other clubs
• Willing to commit to unsociable hours (weekends)
• Strong work ethic and dedicated to the role
• Reliable and trustworthy
• Proactive and willing to contribute in ways that will help improve the department
• Strong desire to continually learn and develop
There are multiple roles available, which are suitable for students or individual wanting to start a career in performance analysis and gain vital experience.
A successful candidate will be required to undergo a DBS check in accordance with the club’s Child Protection procedures. To apply for one of these roles, please send your CV and covering letter, detailing your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for receipt of applications is Friday 17th January 2020 at 17:00
Northampton Town promote inclusion and confront and eliminate discrimination whether by reason of age, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status or civil partnership, nationality, ethnicity (race), religion or belief, ability or disability, pregnancy and maternity and encourage equal opportunities. We welcome
applicants from all suitably qualified persons.