Football in the Community Trust
Northampton Town Football in the Community Trust is working in partnership with Northampton Town Football Club to provide all members of the local community with the opportunity to access quality sport provision whatever their age, gender or ethnicity. We aim to increase participation in schools, improve health and wellbeing, while developing programmes that engage the whole of the community using football as the driving force.
Our Aims and objectives
• To promote Northampton Town Football Club in the local community using the extended programmes of the Community Scheme to increase interest in the club
• To promote the Community Trust throughout Northamptonshire providing outlining communities with quality sport provision
• To increase the number of people who can access sport to improve health and wellbeing
• Working in partnership with local agencies to become more inclusive promoting sport for all
• Working within education to develop physical literacy in younger people
• To promote equal opportunities for everyone to participate in all of the community scheme’s programmes
The Community Trust will work locally with a number of community partners to provide everyone with the opportunity to participate in good quality sports provision delivered by professionals, we will use the Football Club as the hub of the community to promote the four key areas we work within.
Who we are
Northampton Town Football in the Community Programme was formed in 1994 and became a Charitable Trust in 2001. Our aim is to deliver innovative and creative sports and education programmes to all local communities, particularly those who are disadvantaged.
Currently our work covers four areas of delivery:
1. Social Inclusion & Disability - this work covers a wide range of physical and mental disability including: working with sight impairment, Downs Syndrome, alcohol & drug misuse, mental health and much more. We also run a structured disability player development and talent identification programme and support the Northampton Town Multi-Disabled Football Club.
2. Women's & Girls' Football - We organise a range of female programmes including the national Female Football Development (FFD) programme, skills development centre and have seven teams ranging from under 8's to the Northampton Town Senior Ladies team.
3. Schools Programme - working with 26 schools across the county, we provide a range of curriculum and non-curriculum classes and clubs. We also manage some schools' entire PE programme.
4. Courses - we run a number of school holiday courses throughout the calendar year.
We anticipate the next five years being a period of growth for the charity with a significant development opportunity across all four areas of delivery. We also plan to develop our educational work to further expand our services.
Each year we are proud to work with thousands of young people and adults and we hope that by reading this you will get a real taste for our endeavours.
For more information, please email email@example.com