THE COBBLERS SCHOOLS WORLD CUP
The draw has been made for the exciting Cobblers World Cup competition kicking off in September!
The Cobblers World Cup, sponsored by PTS Training Academy, will consist of 16 school teams from years 5 and 6 who have each been allocated a country. The pupils will learn all about their allocated country, creating a project incorporating their country’s culture, religion, history, language & currency with a chance to win an Amazon Fire 7 Kids Edition for their school and then battle it out on the pitch to become champions of the world!
Each Cobblers World Cup match will be played at the PTS Academy Stadium on a selected Thursday afternoon with each child and teacher taking part receiving a complimentary ticket to sit in the Mick George Family Area and cheer the Cobblers on for a selected Sky Bet League Two fixture.
The first round draw is as follows:
Thursday September 20th
Uruguay (Briar Hill Primary School) v Portugal (Collingtree Primary School)
Spain (Woodland View Primary School) v Russia (Beanfield Primary School
Thursday September 27th
France (Grange Primary School) v Argentina (Walgrave Primary School)
Croatia (Earl Spencer Primary School) v Denmark (St James Primary School)
Thursday October 4th
Brazil (Abington Vale Primary School) v Mexico (Towcester Primary School)
Sweden (Hardingstone Primary School) v Switzerland (Millway Primary School)
Thursday October 11th
Belgium (Weedon Bec Primary School) v Japan (Kingsthorpe Grove Primary School
Colombia (Barry Road Primary School) v England (Caroline Chisholm Primary School)
Good luck to all taking part!
For more details, please email email@example.com
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Entries must be made through your schools official Facebook or Twitter page by either retweeting or sharing our Cobblers World Cup post, then messaging us. You will then be contacted by a member of the NTFC media team via either Facebook or Twitter for the next steps. This is on a first come first served basis. Personal social media accounts will not be considered.
- Both draws (to see which school is representing which country and the fixture date draw) will take place on Friday 29th June once the last 16 of the Russia World Cup are via Facebook and Twitter. All information packs and wall charts will be with your school by the end of June.
- 2018/19 academic years 5 and 6 only.
- Each school will be asked to create a spider diagram of the country they are representing. The best all round project submitted winning entry will win an Amazon Fire 7 Kids Edition for their school with a presentation by a Northampton Town first team player at your school.
- Each team consists of 7 players (5 players plus 2 substitutions), including at least 2 girls with at least one girl on the pitch at all times. If, for any reason one girl is not playing, this will result in immediate disqualification.
- Each game will be 15 minutes each way with a 5 minute half time interval and refereed by NTFC Community Trust Coach. The referee’s decision is final and no communication will be entered into
- Teams must be available on THURSDAYS. Cobblers World Cup fixtures will be arranged after Thursday 21st June to coincide with Northampton Town’s home EFL league fixtures. Games take place at the PTS Academy Stadium on the 5-a-side pitch behind the Sheinman Opticians Stand (subject to weather conditions) and will begin at 12:30pm concluding at 2:30pm. All timings and dates are subject to change. After your game, you will be welcomed into the PTS Academy Stadium for a tour.
- Each team will receive one complimentary adult (over 18) ticket per playing child to both be seated in the Mick George Family Area to watch Northampton Town. Each team will also receive 2 complimentary adult teacher tickets. All additional ticket requests must be purchased at the clubs group rate prices of £16 for adults and £8 for U18’s in advance. Please note additional tickets required on the day will be subject to the gate prices which are £22 adult, £10 child. Under 7’s go free and a proof of age may be required. Any extra match tickets purchased on the day will be charged at full game day prices.
- Semi-finalists and runners up will receive a medal each. Winners will receive individual medals and one large trophy. All others will be presented with a participation certificate.
- The winning school with receive £1,000 worth of sports equipment. Winning school to place equipment order to the value of £1000 via Northampton Town Football Club. Order value non-transferable for any other equipment or cash.
- Final ticket requests are needed 2 weeks prior to the date attending along with a current team photo for the match programme to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All payments must be made to the ticket office no later than 2 weeks before the date attending.
- In the event of a tie at the end of the game, a penalty shootout will take place.
- We reserve the right to take photographs and video footage to use in the club’s promotional materials and will appear on club social media accounts and websites. Other parents and guardians are all given permission by way of these rules. If you do not wish your child to be photographed/videoed please excuse them from the competition.
- The referee’s decision is final and no correspondence with be entered into.
- The club take no responsibility for any personal injury or loss of personal items during this competition.
- All spectators must adhere to ground the PTS Academy Stadium ground regulations whilst on Northampton Town property with foul, discriminative and abusive language not tolerated.