FEMALE FOOTBALL & EDUCATION PROGRAMME
Would you like a career in the Sports Industry?
Would you like the opportunity to combine your full-time post-16 education with a programme of work experience opportunities in a professional sports club environment?
We’re looking for the next generation of talented sports industry professionals to join us on our full-time post-16 education programme at Northampton Town Football Club.
What is it? A full-time education programme for 16-18 year olds, that combines a high quality, formal education qualification with a programme of Sports Industry specific work experience and, potentially, playing opportunities in the English Colleges League. You can still play for your local club as English College League fixtures are on Wednesday afternoons.
What qualifications could I get? Those with the equivalent of 5 A*-C GCSE’s including Maths and English, can achieve a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport (Performance & Excellence) over 2 years. Those with less than the equivalent of 5 A*-C GCSE’s, can achieve a Level 3 Diploma or Subsidiary Diploma over 2 years or a Level 2 Diploma in Sport over 1 year and then move on to the 2 year qualification.
Vocational Qualifications such as Level 1 and 2 Coaching qualifications
What exit pathways are there?
- University – The Level 3 Extended Diploma qualification is equivalent to 3 A Levels and worth up to 420 UCAS points.
- Bespoke Undergraduate Degree and HND opportunities with NTFC and principal partner The University of Northampton
- Higher Education linked Internships
- Apprenticeships – PE and School Sports Apprenticeship opportunities with NTFC, and other external coaching apprenticeship opportunities.
- Employment in the Sports Industry
- Playing opportunities – linking talented players into the FA Player Centres and the England National Pathway or US Soccer Scholarship opportunities.
Other information - The programme runs from the Northampton Town Education Centres at Sixfields Stadium Campus and St Crispin’s Campus (10 minute walk from Sixfields Stadium).
Contact – Head of Education: Jean Limpitlaw on 01604 759864 or email@example.com
for more information or the opportunity to discuss individual options in more detail.