By Gareth Willsher
INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY AT NORTHAMPTON TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB EXCLUSIVELY FOR UNIVERSITY OF NORTHAMPTON STUDENTS
JOB DESCRIPTION : CONSUMER AND CRM MARKETING
REPORTING TO: NTFC Ticket Office Manager
Within this role you will be required to work directly under the NTFC Ticket Office Manager who in turn reports into the Commercial & Marketing Manager to undertake the following duties:-
1. Work with the Ticket Office Manager on the day to day delivery of Consumer Sales which will require customer facing sales in the ticket office
2. Work with the Ticket Office Manager on the inputting and extraction of data from the central CRM system
3. Work with the Ticket Office Manager on the delivery and execution of the NTFC Match day experiences which will require you to work all match days at NTFC.
4. To work with the NTFC CRM partner and NTFC Marketing Co-ordinator on data extraction through segmentation for sales and marketing campaigns
5. To cover in the NTFC Club store on an ad-hoc basis
HOURS OF WORK
To be agreed with NTFC and the University of Northampton
CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES
31st March, 2017
Please note you must be a current student studying a relevant CRM or Marketing course at the University of Northampton
ALL ROUND HANDYMAN
Northampton Town have a vacancy for a full time all round handyman.
SCHOOLS COACHING SERVICE
Northampton Town Football Club are looking for enthusiastic coaches to become part of our excellent Schools Coaching Service.
We need expert coaches in a variety of activities and sports, including gymnastics and dance, to join our growing team and help us build on our fast growing reputation as a leading provider of School Sport support within Northampton and the surrounding areas.
This part-time role will provide an excellent start for someone who is looking to develop their coaching within a club that is currently cementing its place at the forefront of school sport development and at the heart of the community.
All applicants must be Level 2 qualified, have a knowledge of National Curriculum Standards within PE in Key Stage 1 and 2 and have a full Enhanced CRB Disclosure.
MATCHDAY PROMOTIONS TEAM
Northampton Town are looking to recruit members for a new promotions team.
These paid roles are open to those aged 16 and over - please note these roles may involve walking for a few hours a day over 2-3 days distributing flyers and other promotional material. Duties may also involve some matchday work.
MATCHDAY VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Northampton Town offer a variety of fantastic matchday experiences for young supporters, including walking out with the players, forming the Guard of Honour, taking penalties on the pitch in the Stanair Cup and more.
We are looking for a number of matchday volunteers to help us continue to offer these experiences for young supporters.
OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN OUR TEAM OF COACHES
We are looking for enthusiastic Sports coaches to become part of our excellent Schools Coaching Service. We need expert coaches in a range of sports, to join our growing team and help us build on our fast growing reputation as a leading provider of School Sport support within Northampton and the surrounding areas.
This part-time role will provide an excellent start for someone who is looking to develop their coaching within a club, with opportunities to progress into our other coaching programs for committed applicants.
All applicants must be Level 2 qualified, have a knowledge of National Curriculum Standards within PE in Key Stage 1 and 2 and have a full Enhanced CRB Disclosure. Each successful applicant will undergo a short interview process, followed by a trial session in a school environment.
Last year, we worked with over 60 schools in the Northamptonshire area, and we are looking to continue to build links across the county.
COBBLERS DIRECT MARKETING TEAM
We are looking for enthusiastic people to join our new Cobblers Direct Marketing Team.
This is not a full or part time position, work will be purely on an ad hoc basis and will pay £6.50 per hour.
You’ll need to be reasonably fit and healthy as there will be a lot of walking and carrying involved.
Please send an email to email@example.com
if you’d like to be considered with details of your name, date of birth, address and background.
50:50 SELLERS REQUIRED
We are looking for sellers of matchday 50:50 tickets.
This role offers either a match ticket plus commission or payment plus commission.
We are looking for programme sellers for the 2016/17 season.
The successful candidates must be 16 year of age or over and be reliable, available most home games and used to work in outdoor conditions.
They must also be comfortable dealing with the public face to face.
Northampton Town are looking to recruit a number of volunteer Gamesmakers for the 2016/17.
As part of the club's work to improve the matchday experience and encourage and welcome new supporters, the Gamesmakers will be the public face of the club, welcoming supporters to the game, showing first time visitors and away supporters where to go, what is available and generally offering a friendly welcome and helpful advice.
We need volunteers who are over 18 years of age and are confident, outgoing with a good personality, reliable and available most home games.
MATCHDAY STAFF REQUIRED
Northampton Town are looking to recruit a number of matchday staff for the 2016/17 season.
We require stewards, car park attendants and programme sellers. We are also keen to hear from anyone with an SIA front of house qualification.
Northampton Town are looking for some new recruits to work in our catering operation.
Above minimum wage
* Prepare room for dining by clothing tables and setting decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, service plates, and utensils.
* Protect establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
* Help patrons select food and beverages by presenting menu; offering cocktails and aperitifs; suggesting courses; explaining the chef's specialties; identifying appropriate wines; answering food preparation questions.
* Keep kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal progression.
* Serve orders by picking up and delivering patrons' choices from bar and kitchen; delivering accompaniments and condiments from service bars.
* Respond to additional patron requirements and needs; observing dining process.
* Maintain table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being alert to patron spills or other special needs.
* Obtain revenues by totalling charges; issuing bill; accepting payment; delivering bill and payment to host person; returning change or credit card and signature slip to patrons.
* Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Experience not necessary as all training provided, but a passion for customer service is essential